– French cannon used during the First World . Upon graduation was exported to Belgium, Poland, Yugoslavia and Italy, where he also made under license and has been used by these countries during the , as well as Germany, use them as a trophy guns.
In the early twentieth century, the French company Schneider gained control of the Russian Putilov factory. Among the projects that were created in the factory at the time, was a project of 107-mm field gun. At that time it was outside the high caliber with great prospects of development. It was assumed that the instrument will differ significantly greater range than the then existing similar implements and engineers Schneider gladly took up the fine-tuning of the project for the Russian army. The resulting instrument was received as a result of the Russian Army, called “linear 42-gun model 1910″, and the French engineers, with the consent of the customer, decided to offer a tool and the French army, while pledging to reduce the caliber of 105 mm.
French military initially reacted to the proposal is pretty cool, because they believed that, having guns caliber 75 mm, do not need the heavier guns. Schneider, however, still managed to sell his invention and in 1913 entered the Russian development of French army under the symbol Canon de 105 modele 1913 Schneider, but more widely known gun acquired under the symbol L 13 S.
Compared to its Russian analogue of the gun had a more robust (and heavy) gun carriage, gun shield, trunk, consisting of the pipe and the casing and the piston seal.device mounted on a gun carriage odnobrusnom included independent of each other hydraulic brake rollback and hydropneumatic recuperator. Shooting was conducted unitary cartridges weighing 15.74 kg at a distance of up to 12,000 meters. Rate of guns, about 4 rounds per minute. The gun was equipped with wooden wheels with steel hoops and was intended to tow a horse with the speed of 10 km / h Was attached to the gun limber, which is located 14 shots.
The First World
With the outbreak ofcannon fully proved its effectiveness, especially in contrast with the fact that the 75-mm guns are not able to fully perform their combat missions and completely destroy the target. In this regard, during the war, the mass production of guns, with a gradual slope to the next higher compared to competitive systems of smaller caliber. During the war the armed forces of France used about 1,300 guns.
After the First World War cannon was widely exported. It was delivered to Belgium, Poland, Yugoslavia and Italy.
On arms of Poland, which soon acquired a license to manufacture and, under the name of an instrument received Armata 105 mm wz.13 Schneider, and in 1930 produced a modernized version of the Poles guns Armata 105 mm wz.29 Schneider equipping it split trail, which made it possible to increase the deflection. The guns of both models took part in the.
In Italy, the instrument has also been brought into production, becoming a tool of the Italian Cannone da 105/28 modello 1913, later shortened to simply and remained one of the main Italian field guns until September 1943, when Italy entered the war.
By the beginning of the, the French guns were delivered to Finland, where they got the name 105 K/13. Total Finland managed to buy 12 guns and 20,000 rounds for them. They arrived in February 1940 and were sent to the nine heavy (Heavy 9), which were used in the final weeks of the war.
In the “”, the guns were sent to the 28 heavy Artillery (Heavy Artillery 28). Among the Finnish soldiers cannon won a reputation for good and reliable.
In France itself, guns and remained in service with the beginning of, by May 1940 – the German invasion of France, there were 854 instances. The majority (about 700 pieces), after the end of the campaign, they fall into the hands of the Germans.
In addition to French, in German hands and were previously exported and produced outside France guns from other countries. In the, they got names:
•331 (f) – French guns
•333 (b) – guns captured from Belgium
•10.5 cm K 338 (i) – guns seized from Italy
•10.5 cm K 338 (j) – guns seized from Yugoslavia
•10.5 cm K 13 (p) – Poland has not upgraded guns
•10.5 cm K 29 (p) – Polish upgraded guns
Received as a result of nearly a thousand 105-mm guns and a large amount of ammunition, the Germans installed these tools on the positions of theto the defense of the northern coast of France. The Germans were shooting a 105 mm cannon with carriages and mounted on a rotating platform with armored shields to protect workers. In concrete bunkers on the coast of France and neighboring countries have equipped numerous DOT s, in which the captured guns were located. L 13 S could not be better suited for installation in pillboxes that were getting tough nut to crack for the attacking units. After the Allied landings in June 1944 managed to avoid most of the bunkers, and many bunkers were captured almost without firing a shot. Some gun pillboxes still persist as museum exhibits.
Russian artillery during the First World War
German artillery during the Second World War
Artillery in France during the First World War
Artillery Poland during World War II