Leichter Gepanzerte Munitionskraftwagen Sd.Kfz.252 – German light half-track armored transporter ammunition used in units assault guns of theduring , a member of the family vehicle transporter Sd.Kfz.250. Built in the years 1940 – 1941 a total of 413 units.
SDKfz.252 was fully armored, unarmed ammunition transporter with a crew. It was based on the structure of the APC Sd.Kfz.250 (chassis Demag D7p), from which it differs mainly concealed from the top range combat, the steeply raked rear wall, which were large double doors for loading ammunition. Over the positions of the driver and ammunition were two small rectangular hatches. It was used with two-wheel trailer Sd.Anh. 32 able to carry 64 cartridges caliber 75 mm (curb weight 330 kg, total 780 kg). The vehicle was equipped with a radio – transmitter receiver FuG 16 and FuG 15, the rod antenna.
Chassis were made in companies Demag in Wetter (Ruhr) and Büssing-NAG in Berlin, the body in the company Wegmann in Kassel. Assembly takes place in plants Wegmann, then Böhler in Kapfenbergu in Austria and Deutsche Werke in Kiel. Despite plans to produce the first conveyor in December 1939, production was delayed and first produced in June 1940. Production continued until September 1941, then abandoned their production in favor of the simpler modifications transporter serial Sd.Kfz.250 (of a SdKfz. 250/6).
According to the initial time, the battery StuG III assault guns (6 guns) had to be six transporters SdKfz 252, but because of insufficient production time changed from 7 July 1940 on the three transporters (one per platoon). As a result of losses and cease production, SdKfz.252 only used for about 1943 years.
German military vehicles