Heereswaffenamt (sometimes spelled waffenamt, abbreviated WaA) is the name he had in Germany between the two world wars the agency for armaments of the army of the Reich, organized into a center for research and development of potential war – weapons, ammunition and military forces.
Established the ‘November 8, 1919 as, changed its name to May 5, 1922 in Heereswaffenamt.
It is the organization that released the patent for the manufacture of gun.
codes is the name given to visas of verification issued after inspections of the materials.
The task of overseeing the gigantic process of rearmament of Germany on the eve ofwas given Heeresabnahmestelle, a section of the army also known as Abnahme and created according Heereswaffenamt.
In the year 1940 there were twenty-five actual Abnahme, divided into five departments and sixteen areas of inspection, supplemented by local staff specially selected and assigned to the assistance of inspectorsduring the verification of manufactured goods. In mid-1944, about eight thousand inspectors Abnahme were disengaged by the agency to be sent on the war fronts.
Responsible for reviewing and accepting any type of weapon, equipment, ammunition ready for distribution by thewas the Heeres-Abnahmewesen. The material tests were conducted according to detailed protocols prepared by the different departments Waffenprufamter (WaPruf) denominated Technische Lieferbedingungen (TLs).
At the beginning of 1935, with the transition from theto the , Waffenamt officers in charge of inspections under the program of rearmament were subjected to a particular program of technical skills.
When the final phase of the rearmament program reached its peak, the departments of inspection Waffenamt began to operate throughout the territory positioning in each company active war in Germany and whose owners were urged to increase industrial production.
In view of the new production effort was organized for the benefit of the industrial sector of a four-week course all’Heereswaffenmeisterschule, real school for manufacturers of munitions of war. At the end of the course took place a test to which they were subjected technical inspectors they could, overcoming, improving their hierarchical position and reach the rank of Oberleutnant (). The approach (year 1939) the start of World ensured their advanced termination of the training and a promotion to the rank of inspector technician first class, equivalent to the rank of (captain).
Directors of Heereswaffenamtes
•Ludwig Wurtzbacher (Generalleutnant), 1919-1925
•Freiherr von Erich Botzheim (Generalmajor) 1926
•Max Ludwig (Generalleutnant), 1926-1930
•Alfred von Vollard-Bockelberg (Generalleutnant), 1931-1933
•Kurt Liese, 1. Dezember 1933-28. Februar 1938
•Karl Becker, 1. März 1938-8. April 1940
•Emil Leeb, 16. April 1940-1. Februar 1945
•Walter Buhle, 1. Februar 1945-8. Mai 1945
Weapons and weapons of